Beetroot salad is a common condiment in Scandinavia. It’s particularly popular on a breakfast or lunch table and goes well with meat and pate. It’s normally made with a lot of mayonnaise, but here I’ve created a healthy version. Try it!
- 350g pickled beetroot, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green apple, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp quark
- 100 ml greek yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to season
- Mix beetroot, red onion and apple in a bowl.
- Add the quark, greek yoghurt and lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper depending on how much you’d like.
- The beetroot salad keeps in the fridge for a couple of days, but it’s best fresh!