Autumn is my favourite time of year food-wise. I love being able to choose local produce, and British apples are the best! This is a nice way of using some of the less pretty but still delicious apples. The crisps will keep for weeks in an air-tight glass, but I doubt you’ll be able to resist eating them all in a few days.
- 5 apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon, for dusting
- Heat your oven to 110°C fan.
- Slice the apples 1mm thick and place on a baking tray covered in non-stick paper.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for one hour, turn the crisps and bake for another hour. Remove any brown ones as you go, some will be ready before the rest.
- Keep an eye on them towards the end. You might need to add another 10 minutes or so, depending on your oven. The crisps are ready when they’re dry.