These bread rolls are easy to make and keep well in the freezer. Perfect for soups or lunchboxes and full of fibre.
Ingredients for 12 rolls
- 500g wholewheat flour
- 1/2 pack (7 g) dried yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 litre cold water
- Mix together the dry ingredients and add the water
- Knead for 10 minutes until you have a firm dough.
- Using a kitchen towl, cover the bowl and leave it to rise for 1 hour in a draft free spot.
- Make 12 rolls, use scales to get them the same weight.
- Leave for another 30 minutes before cutting the top and baking for 20-30 minutes in the middle of the oven at 225°C
- Pay attention towards the end. The rolls are done when you hear a hollow sound tapping their bottom.
- Enjoy with savoury or sweet spreads, with soup or for lunch. They keep in the freezer for up to a month and can easily be defrosted. Take them out of the freezer and place in the oven at 100°C for 15 minutes.